- They like personalised learning
- They say they find it hard to listen
- They like competition and achievement
So we are specifically focusing on:
- Working with small groups or individually wherever possible - having eye contact at their level
- Reinforcements, or replacements for listening.
- Breaking achievement down into small incremental steps.
- How to reward achievement in bite-sized chunks.
Which has led into linking with the idea of gamification in education. This is nothing new. Good teaching breaks learning down into manageable steps and rewards progress and modern games give a whole new spin to this.
Created by Knewton and Column Five Media